- Comprehensive Directory of Mental Health Services – The updated 2013 directory is now available online!
- The Counseling Programs of James Madison University are pleased to offer the 19th annual Summer Institute in Counseling. This year's workshop offerings emphasize the theme of creative responses to client concerns, with a focus on creativity and self-care. Registration will open in mid-April, with more information about workshop descriptions and registration information available then. Details
- Dr. Debbie Sturm is New Director - Beginning this fall, Dr. Sturm is the Director of Counseling Programs. She will continue as Coordinator of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.
- Dr. Michele Kielty and Dr. Renee Staton to Coordinate School Counseling - Drs. Kielty and Staton are now sharing the duties of coordinating the School Counseling Program.
- Dr. Lennie Echterling Continues as Doctoral Program Coordinator - Dr. Echterling remains the Coordinator of the Ph.D. in Counseling and Supervision Program
News See All
April 3, 2015
Dr. Debbie Sturm, an Assistant Professor in Graduate Psychology, was awarded the Goodman Faculty Endowment Award.
March 24, 2015
Meet Debbie Sturm - Director of Counseling Programs and coordinator for the Clincal Mental Health Counseling Program.
March 18, 2015
Dr. Lennis “Lennie” Echterling has been active in the Harrisonburg community for over 23 years.
March 18, 2015
Renee Staton began her collegiate career at James Madison University (JMU) and continues here today.
November 20, 2014
Blair Shelley graduated from the School Counseling Program in May of 2013, has recently gotten married, and moved to Summerville, South Carolina to start her career as an elementary School Counselor.
Welcome from the Director
Welcome! As Director of Counseling Programs in the Department of Graduate Psychology here at James Madison University, and on behalf of our faculty and students, I thank you for your interest in our programs. We feel so fortunate to be part of a community of dedicated faculty and students. And we are committed to training excellent counselors and counselor educators who impact their clients and communities through their clinical work, research, teaching, leadership, and outreach. More >