Graduate Psychology Students Develop Multicultural After-School Program
Journey Around the World is a new cognitive-socio-emotional program for children that combines the idea of cultural diversity with socio-emotional learning.
Our Department Offers the Following Academic Programs
- M.A./Ed.S. - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.Ed. - School Counseling
- M.A./Ed.S. - School Psychology
- M.Ed. - College Student Personnel Administration
- M.A. - Psychological Sciences
News See All
Michele Kielty, Sandy Hite, Sara Schreffler, and Courtney Portell have collaborated with students and supervisors to create an innovative online training video for School Counseling supervisors.
January 4, 2013
Dr. Sara J. Finney has been appointed to the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for the GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) General Test.
School Psychology graduate student, Nick Curtis, was recognized at the annual VPA conference in Wintergreen as the 2012 Virginia Academy of School Psychologists Outstanding Graduate Student.
At this year's commencement ceremony on Friday, May 4, Madeleine Dupre became the first student to receive her doctorate degree from the new Ph.D. in Counseling and Supervision Program.
- Dr. Anne Stewart recently served as the emcee for the International Association for Play Therapy awards ceremony. She was also named President of the national APT Foundation Board. The role of the board is to raise funds for research in play therapy.
- The first clinic of the JMU Autism Center has begun operations. The Inter-Professional Autism Clinic (IPAC) provides in-depth assessment and multi-disciplinary intervention for children ages 3-5 years old with Autism or suspected Autism. For more information please view the IPAC flyer
- View More Department Honors
Welcome from Graduate Psychology
Welcome to the Department of Graduate Psychology and Counseling! Our department offers eight graduate programs designed for individuals who want to pursue advanced study in psychology or counseling. These programs share the goals of academic enrichment, development of research and applied skills, and personal and professional growth. More >