Admission to Program
Applicants are expected to meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- 18 hours of undergraduate psychology (behavioral sciences and/or education) courses (including undergraduate statistics);
- Satisfactory completion of General GRE, (the Psychology subject test is not required);
- Successful personal interview with faculty and students to assess abilities, characteristics, and readiness for the program;
- Brief personal statement (750-1,200 words) describing the
influences that have led you to consider school psychology
as a career and why you believe JMU is the place for you to
receive your training;
- Three letters of recommendation from professors and other professionals familiar with their academic work and relevant experiences; and
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs attended.
The application deadline is February 1 for fall admissions. Interviews will be held on February 18 and 22.
Please contact the program for interview dates.
Applicants are notified of admission decisions shortly after the interview. Applicants will be asked to respond to the program of their intent whether they will attend or decline to attend JMU within a reasonable period of time.