To be considered for admission into the College Student Personnel Administration Graduate Program, it will be necessary to...
Apply to The Graduate School by January 15, 2020 and complete the following through the Graduate School online site:
- Graduate School Application (online) and pay $60 application fee.
- Complete CSPA Program Application and Personal Statement (this is included in the Graduate application). These four questions will be asked to complete the Personal Statement:
- What significant personal or professional experiences influenced you to pursue the student affairs profession?
- What personal characteristics do you possess which will contribute to your success as a student affairs administrator?
- What specific skills or attributes are you looking to improve/enhance by participating in the CSPA program?
- What aspects of the JMU CSPA program will assist/facilitate your ability to meet your career/professional goals?
- Upload your resume.
- Provide three (3) names and email addresses for your Personal References. The Graduate School will contact them to complete information and return it to them.
- OPTIONAL - Send scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) from Educational Testing Services to The Graduate School.
GRE Code for JMU is: 5392
- Send Official Transcripts to The Graduate School.
An in person interview is required as part of the application process.
Interview dates are:
- February 7, 2020
- February 14, 2020
- February 21, 2020
If you have any questions regarding the application process to the CSPA program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving yourapplication.
Graduate School address:
The Graduate School
James Madison University
Madison Hall, MSC 6702
100 East Grace Street
Harrisonburg VA 22807
Phone: (540) 568-6131
GRE Code: 5392
CSPA Program address is:
- Donna Harper
- Co-Coordinator, CSPA Program
- James Madison University
- Alumnae Hall, Room 208, MSC 7613
- Harrisonburg, VA 22807
- Phone: (540) 568-3705