Stephanie Crockett, Ph.D
Associate Professor, Director of Counseling & Supervision
- Office: Johnston 219
- Phone: 540-568-6834
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., Education-Counseling Concentration, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- MS.Ed., Mental Health Counseling, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- B.A., Psychology, King College, Bristol, Tennessee
Service to the Profession
- President Elect, Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling, 2022-present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Counseling and Development, 2014-present
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
I am passionate about conducting research in the counseling field. My specific interests include counselor preparation, professional counseling issues and trends, as well as action/outcome research in counseling. I enjoy being a part of research-practitioner collaborations that produce consequential results for counselors practicing in real-world settings. I always welcome interested students to be a part of these research collaborations.
- Crockett, S.A., & Korenchuk, J. (2022, September). Pragmatic Strategies to Create Research- Practitioner Partnerships in Action Research. Presented at the National Assessment and Research Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- Hays, D.G., Crockett, S.A., & Michel, B. (2021). A grounded theory of academic leadership development in counselor education. Counselor Education and Supervision, 60, 51-72. doi: 10.1002/ceas.12196
- Crockett, S.A., & Korenchuk, J. (2021, September). Improving treatment fidelity: Factors that predict practitioner implementation of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). Presented at the National Assessment and Research Conference, Cincinnati, OH.
- Menzies, A., Kepley, L., Erford, B.T., Crockett, S.A., Byrd, R., & Aier, B. (2020). A meta-study of the Journal of Mental Health Counseling: An analysis of publication characteristics, 2000-2019. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 42, 206-219. doi: 10.17744/mehc.42.3.02
- Erford, B.T., Hays, D.G., & Crockett, S.A. (2019). Mastering the National Counselor Examination and Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall. Crockett, S.A., & Iceman, K. (2019, October). Learning by Doing: Implementing Active Learning in Counselor Education Classrooms. To be presented at Association for Counselor Education and Supervision; Seattle, WA.
- Crockett, S.A., Elghoroury, D., Popiolek, M., & Wummel, B. (2018). The lived experiences of men in a master’s counseling program. Counselor Education and Supervision, 57, 98-115. doi: 10.1002/ceas.12096
- Crockett, S.A., & Hays, D.G. (2015). The influence of supervisor multicultural competence on the supervisory working alliance, supervisee counseling self-efficacy, and satisfaction with supervision: A mediation model. Counselor Education and Supervision, 54, 258-273. doi: 10.1002/ceas.12025
- Crockett, S.A. (2012). A 5-step guide to conducting SEM analysis in counseling research. Counseling Research and Outcomes Evaluation Journal, 3, 30-47.