Kenson Hiatt, Ph.D.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program
- Office: Johnston Hall, Room 110
- Ph.D., William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
- M.A., Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia
- B.A., Southern Virginia University, Buena Vista, Virginia
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Virginia)
- National Certified Counselor (National Board for Certified Counselors)
Clinical mental health counseling, religion/spirituality in counseling, clinical supervision, compassion in counseling, addiction recovery, moral and ethical development.
- Hiatt, K. (2022). Compassion-supported development: A humanistic approach to counseling supervision. Journal of Humanistic Counseling, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1002/johc.12181
- Gutierrez, D., Hiatt, K., & Lee, A. (2020). Spiritually competent orientation in supervision: Application of the cultural third. The Clinical Supervisor, 39(2). https://doi.org/10.1080/07325223.2020.1824835.
- Backer, A., Hiatt, K., Moore, M., Bryan, P., & Duffey, M. (2022, April). Developing our professional identity in a pandemic-emergent world. Education session for ACA 2022, Atlanta, GA.
- Hiatt, K. (2021, October). Spiritually competent orientation in supervision: A new model. Poster session for ACES 2021, Atlanta, GA.
- Lee, A., Hiatt, K., & Walker, U. (2021, October). Broaching racial injustice in supervision. Education session for ACES 2021, Atlanta, GA.
- Hiatt, K. (2020, July). Engaging with religion and spirituality in counseling and supervision. Online presentation for William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA.
- Hiatt, K. (2020, May). Application of the working model of cross-cultural supervision: A case study. Online presentation for William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA.
Hiatt, K. (2020, March). Compassion in counseling: An overview and comparison of conceptualizations in the field. Online presentation for William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA.
- Hiatt, K., Hinchey, K. J., & Owens, S. V. (2019, November). Impact of competitive stress culture in higher education. Presentation to William & Mary faculty and students in Williamsburg, VA.