Joseph Leblanc, Ph.D.
School Counseling Program
- Office: Johnston Hall, Room 104
- Phone: 540-568-6427
- Email: email@example.com
- Ph. D. University of North Carlina at Greensboro
- M. S. Loyola University New Orleans
- B. A. Loyola University Chicago
- Licensed School Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Provisional)
- Clinical Placement Coordinator (School Counseling Program)
- Center for Faculty Innovation Faculty Associate (Scholarship Area) *as of 8/2021
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
My research interests currently are teaching and pedagogy in counselor education, school-family-community partnerships and learning pods (pandemic response), and interprofessional education and substance use disorders.
- LeBlanc, J., & Borders, L. D. (2021). Educating future leaders: integrating leadership into an introductory school counseling course. Journal of Counselor Leadership and Advocacy, 8(1), 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1080/2326716X.2020.1861489
- LeBlanc, J. (2021, July). Training Research-Practitioners through Online Learning and Community Engagement. Accepted poster presentation for Conference of Engaged Learning, Elon University.
- Hornsby, T., & LeBlanc, J. (2021, April). DEI Microtrainings: Infusing Professional Development into Department Meetings, James Madison University.
- Hornsby, T., & LeBlanc, J. (2021, March). Disseminating your SoTL Work. Part of presentation entitled “SoTL from Start to Finish,” James Madison University.
- LeBlanc, J. (2020, October). Training Research-Practitioners in Helping Professions: A Community-Based Approach. Presentation given within College of Behavioral Health and Sciences, James Madison University.
- LeBlanc, J., Koogler, A., & Strother, C. (2020, November). Spotlight on the Educators: Professional Advocacy for Seeking Support. Presentation for the Virginia New Teacher Support Program.
- LeBlanc, J., Staton, A. R., Gilligan, T., & Kielty, M. (2020, October). Enhancing Counselor Wellness and Building Workplace Resilience. Presentation at the annual conference for the Virginia Counseling Association.
- Kielty, M., Staton, A. R. Gilligan, T., & LeBlanc, J. (2019, November). Teacher Burnout: How Professional Counselors Can Support Wellness for Prevention and Intervention with K-12 Teachers and Students. Presentation at the annual conference for the Virginia Counseling Association.
- LeBlanc, J. (2019, October). “Flipped” Upside Down: The Opportunities and Challenges of Managing a “Flipped” Classroom. Presentation at the biannual conference for the Association of Counselor Education and Supervision.
- LeBlanc, J. (2018, October). Training school counseling students in supervision models: Implications for counselor educators. Poster presentation at the biennial conferences for the Southern Association of Counselor Education and Supervision.